Got any tips on finding a good domain name?
- Make it easy to remember. This is why many businesses get domains with their business names in them. Some people – including Bob Parsons – even choose their business name after they have a domain they like.
- Don’t register one that’s trademarked, copyrighted or being used by another company. This can lead to losing the domain and/or legal problems.
- Shorter is usually better because they’re easier for customers to remember. It’s also easier to get matching usernames for Facebook, Twitter and any other social media accounts you have.
- Got a local business? Include your neighborhood, city or country in your domain so local customers can quickly see where you are. Check the list of geographic domain extensions – .berlin, .nyc – to see if there’s one for your area. Fraserinnovations.com is registered by one of our company customer “Fraser Innovation Inc” and their neighbor and customers can remember them very easily.
- Avoid numbers or hyphens. Anyone who hears your web address won’t know if you’re using a numeral (5) or “five.” If your business name has a number in it, register both versions – with the numeral and with the number spelled out. Dashes are just asking for trouble and generally look unprofessional.
- Get more than one. As traffic to your website increases, you may attract the attention of copycats who’ll snatch up similar domain names in the hopes of drawing traffic away from you. Register similar or misspelled domains early so this won’t be an issue later.
- SEO Understandable – You should know the keyword in your business. Google keyword planner is a very good keyword choice tools. You can google keyword planner into excel files and find which keyword is frequently searched, register it. No Matter popular domains or not. FPGAMarketing.com is for FPGA Board Marketing. The customers can easily remember their domain name and google knows what they are going to do.
- Register Number Domains for Chinese Based Customers –
- if your website visitors are mostly for the Chinese, you can register number based domain names. Chinese pronounces number very simple and only one vowel in each number so they have very good memory for number(N). NN.com, NNN.com, NNNN.com, NNNNN.com is very easily for the Chinese to remember.
- for more information about chose perfect domain names, please check 15 tips to chose a perfect domain names.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 1 Average: 5]